Monday, December 5, 2011

A Javascript Gallery

My last post had a Javascript worldmap of GHCN stations. I think this approach is very promising, and I'm hoping to improve with HTML 5 features soon.

Something new - I have an Amazon S3 bucket which I'm using for backup storage. This caused a hiccup with the last post, when I had not adjusted the permissions properly. I could see it, but probably no-one else could. I hope it works now. Please let me know if there are problems.

Anyway, this post is about a gallery that I've compiled with the various recent Javascript and other interactive graphics collected. It's a page on the blog, which you can also get to through the links on top right. There is a table of contents. I'm hoping to keep adding to it.

3 comments:

  1. I am wondering if you would be interested in reviewing CloudBerry Explorer freeware that helps to manage S3 and CloudFront. http://www.cloudberrylab.com/free-amazon-s3-explorer-cloudfront-IAM.aspx

    Girlincloud,
    CloudBerry Lab team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlincloud,
    Thanks for the suggestion - yes, a better interface to the S3 would be very helpful. I'll look at it. This particular glitch was from Amazom being unhelpful - they show a list of permissions granted (to me), but no suggestions. To give permission for public access you have to explicitly invoke an other permissions tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girlincloud,
    I'm disappointed so far. It looks good, but when it comes to linking an existing Amazon account, it is very unhelpful. It asks for display name, access key and secret key with no explanation or guidance.

    ReplyDelete